Sunday 22 July 2012

Shopping Sunday: Midi

Midi skirts and dresses are usually characterized by their length, ranging from just below the knee to mid-calf. This trend was very popular in the 1940s which represented the elegance and grace of that decade. 

Lately, we've been seeing a comeback from the midi and I find this trend very refreshing and if worn right it can look very stylish and sophisticated.  Because of it's length, it is also a great trans seasonal garment which can be worn in the remaining season of winter and then onto spring and summer.

PS. A majority of them are offered in different colour varieties as well.






4.     White linen midi skirt with belt 

5.     Blue midi dresswith beading

6.     Hybrid red mididress with strappy bow back detail 
 





 

5 comments:

  1. I'm watching old episodes of The OC, and Marissa seems to almost strictly wear mid length skirts. I was thinking of how things suddenly go out of style from year to year... Glad they're sorta making a come back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love number 8! I find it tricky to pull off this length though :(

    x Stace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it can be pretty hard to pull it off. I find that it doesn't really suit my body type but I believe it would suit you!

      Delete
  3. I love No.4! I think it's perfect to express vintage style! It's white too! <3 Love your post! :D
    I just finished a new post! Feel free to come and leave your opinion about it! ^^

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Midi's, my favourite is the bright pink one! They are also very Ramadan friendly, which is a plus :) x

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment and tell me what you think!