Sunday 10 April 2011

procrastination always wins

So here I am sitting amongst my italian books and autoCAD opened with my unfinished floor plans and i can't decide which to work on. So naturally i decide to do none and go online looking for places I'd like to visit when I go to Canada this july.
I was really excited to find Frank Gehry's AGO (art gallry of ontario) and surprised it is his only work in ontario considering he was born in Toronto.

This is a north-west digitalised view of the building ( i couldnt get a good photo off the internet, but hopefully when i visit it i could click some) 

The interiors are just amazing. love the sculptural staircase and maze-like passageway 

This is my favourite part of the building. I absolutely love the wooden beams and the glass, theres something about it that is so inspiring and beautiful.







This video clearly illustrates the gallery's contents and the building itslef. ENJOY!

The design is remarkable and very different from the likes of the Walt Disney concert hall in LA which displays his style of deconstructivism.

Walt Disney concert hall in downtown LA completed in 2003

the main auditorium 
sketch by Gehry


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful pics, espessially the first and the second. I love unusual architecure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Frank Gehry is especially known for coming up with unique designs
    You should also check out the works of Zaha Hadid they are very unusual and one of a kind
    I'm sure i'll be posting some of her work soon coz i love her designs as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. that`s good,
    waiting for them)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew there was a Walt Disney concert hall in LA :S Then again, I don't really go to downtown a lot. Maybe this summer :D
    YEAY FOR THE BLOG SEV!!!
    now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah there is! it's the first thing i want to visit when i go to LA! you should go have a look :)
    haha i just started the blog today after reading urs and some other ppl's blogs

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment and tell me what you think!